A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 272

Courses UK » Recognition of International Degrees and Qualifications (UK

Recognition of International Degrees and Qualifications (UK

Not all employers will understand how your qualifications from your home country convert to UK qualifications. Although, there is no official list of how UK grades or tariff points compare with other countries qualifications and it is not possible to directly convert your grades into UCAS points, you can use the following information to help you.
When applying to graduate recruiters in the UK, some employers will have set criteria. In addition to a degree you may see that the following is also requested:

  • UCAS points or A-level points – these are often qualifications taken at age 18 and are used as a basis for University entrance.

  • GCSEs – these are the national exams taken at 16 and some employers require particular grades in English and Maths.

If you are having problems converting qualifications you have earned abroad and comparing it to its British equivalent, you can approach the  UK NARIC who can look at your existing qualifications and evaluate them for a fee.  This is very useful if you are coming to the UK to look for work or study and can only provide foreign qualifications for admissions or are coming to the UK to work on a foreign degree. NARIC have an advice line for simple queries from students - telephone +44 (0)871 330 7033. There is a charge if you require a written assessment of your international qualifications and NARIC cannot convert your scores for overseas qualifications into UCAS points.

Send to friend

Uk English Courses