A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 272

Courses UK » Регистрация в полиции

Registering with the police


If you are coming to the UK from one of the following countries found here on a student visa, you are by law required to register with the police within seven days of your arrival date. It is an offence to not register and can carry very heavy consequences.

Some universities have some sessions organized sessions on campus where students can attend to register. If this is not available then you will need to go to the local police station to carry out your registration.

When you go to your nearest police station, make sure you bring the following documents with you or your registration will be delayed or not finalized at all. 

  • Your visa and passport.

  • A method of payment for the registration fee.

  • Two passport size photographs of yourself that meets with the UK requirements.

  • The letter from the university or college offering you a placement on your chosen course.

  • Proof of your UK address, such as your rent contract, utility bill or bank statement.

If you are still unsure of the process, what to do or where to go, contact your universities student advice service. They should be familiar with this process and able to advise you accordingly.

Once your registration has been processed, you will be issued a certificate which you need to keep safe and not loose. It is also your responsibility to take it back to the police and amend it accordingly should any of your personal circumstances change, such as: 

  • Your current address

  • You switch or transfer to another university

  • You get married, divorced or have a child while in the UK

  • If there is a change in the duration of your stay (if granted by the UK Border Agency)

  • You passport details change

  • You will not be present in your stated address for a total of 8 weeks or more.

If you miss the seven day window allocated for registration, you will need to go to the police station and explain the reasons for the delay. If it was a genuine reason such as illness then you will also need to take along a doctor’s note.

If you lose your certificate for any reason, you will need to report it immediately to the police and re-register for a new one. You will also need to return your certificate to the police when you have completed your qualification and come to leave the UK.

Send to friend

Uk English Courses