Depending on the student’s level of English, they can sit the following examinations:
Cambridge KET, PET, FCE , CAE and CPE.
Additionally students can sit the Trinity examinations in English for communication and or for the TOEIC examination.
For business English the BEC Preliminary, Vantage or Higher examinations.
Examinations take place in early June (see fee-sheet for exact dates).
To take a Cambridge Examination course, students need to complete a pre-test, so that they can be classed in the correct level.
Course start dates:
KET, PET, CAE, CPE, BEC:
14.03.2015 - 13.06.2015 (13 weeks)
04.04.2015 - 13.06.2015 (10 weeks)
18.04.2015 - 13.06.2015 (8 weeks)
8, 10 and 13 weeks
KET examination: CEFR Level A2
PET examination: CEFR Level B1
FCE examination: CEFR Level B2
CAE examination: CEFR Level C1
CPE examination: CEFR Level C2
BEC Preliminary: CEFR Level B1
BEC Vantage: CEFR Level B2
BEC Higher: CEFR Level C1
Courses include Mondays to Fridays:
Example English Class times:
- 22.5 hours of English language tuition and examination preparation per week
- 09.00 – 10.30, 11.15 – 12.45 and 13.30 – 15.00 hours
+ Evening Entertainment:
- Structured course programme covering the four basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Emphasis on grammar in context, vocabulary and syntax
- Specialised preparation for all examination papers
- Examination techniques
- Regular practice tests for all examination papers
- Individual tutorials
- Guided homework sessions
Selection from: Aeroball, Bingo, Competitions, Conversation Club, Dance Classes, Discos, Films, Karaoke, Live Music, Pantomime, Quiz Games, Sports Activities, Talent Shows, Internet Access and Yoga
College or Homestay accommodation with half-board