A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 272

Courses UK » Дальнейшее образование или научно-исследовательская работа

Going on to further study or research


If you decide to stay in the UK and take on a further study or qualification, it is very important that you amend your visa accordingly so it does not appear that you overstayed. If you do not do so, this can potentially put your qualifications and progressive studies as risk. It is best to ensure that you contact the UK Border Agency informing them of your intentions and they will advise you further regarding your immigration status.

Contact information for the UK Border Agency can be found here.

Once you have committed to furthering your qualifications, there are different avenues to take depending on the level of your previous study. 

  • You can go into further education if your previous qualifications were basic.

  • You can do an undergraduates degree if your previous study was in college.

  • You can do a Masters or PHD if you have just completed a degree.

  • You can do a research study that can eventually lead to a PHD or masters.

  • You can do a specialised qualification that may lead to a particular carreer such as accounting or engineering.

If you decide to peruse further qualifications after university, there are scholarships and finance options available for Masters and PHD’s. Check your university’s website for further information on what is available, keep in mind competition is fierce and spaces are limited so apply early!

Should you be in serious need of a scholarship to support your study, you may want to try using the following resource to see what is available to you. The Scholarship Hub is an online list of what scholarship funding is available in the UK and can be used to search either by level of study, by subject or by university or academic institution.

As an added

Send to friend

Uk English Courses